Sunday, September 27, 2009

A District 10?

This weekend as predicted DISTRICT 9 ruled the box-office. Is it possible that we will get a sequel?

Director Neill Blomkamp would jump at the chance, “I would do anything to go back to the world of District 9 again. Or District 10.” It would be an excellent idea. The movie sets itself up for it. Now, I'm obviously not going to tell you why because some of you haven't seen it, but when you do you'll understand.

DISTRICT 9 was one of those movies that gets as close to perfect as possible. I went to see the film at the secret screening during Comic-Con, and it made me shut up and take notice. Usually I talk through films if they are bad like something out of MYSTERY SCIENCE THEATRE 3000, but there was no need for that this time.

So I say go ahead with a sequel, but take the time to figure it all out. When a movie becomes so hyped up and successful the film company often wants to roll out another film. Unfortunately, sometimes though the sequel isn't what you wanted. I haven't seen TRANSFORMERS 2 yet, but I've heard it's got that very same feeling. Maybe we'll get some proper news on a sequel soon enough.

Source: EW

1 comment:

  1. Yes, please, make District 10 (a sequel to District 9 movie). Maybe the more people see how atrocious they treat others (people/species), may force them to reevaluate their actions and rectify their behaviour.

    ReplyDelete